On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 11:10:33AM -0500, John R. Sheets wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 11, 2000, Dave Sherohman <esper at sherohman.org> wrote:
> >
> > - I've heard that linux is taking over the commercial unix world, not only by
> > replacing unix installations, but also in that commercial unices are moving
> > towards standardizing on linux-compatibility.  But I haven't seen any hard
> > data or official statements to back that up.
>
> You mean like the IBM/Redhat deal announced today on slashdot?

Not quite...  My impresstion is that such a deal would, effectively, mean
getting rid of (or at least de-emphasizing) AIX and replacing it with RH.
The rumors I was referring to would be more along the lines of AIX being kept
at center stage, but made more linux-like.

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d- s+: a- C++ UL++$ P+>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+