The Ixian wrote:

> did you, by chance, compile your kernel with eepro support?

No, I have not touched the kernel

> if you have compiled the driver as a module you need to load it first
> (remember to unload your current driver, if applicable)
> once it is loaded run ifconfig and set your default gateway and you are
> ready to go.

The module eepro100 exists in the modules directory.  I did an insmod on
the module and saw it loaded through lsmod and there is no modules
dependencies within modules.dep.  There is not a current network driver
loaded because it was coming through the PCMCIA card.  I would like to
have the module loaded automatically.  Does anyone know within Debian
what the appropriate rc script is to issue an insmod?

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect
dutchman at mn.uswest.net