It's true, many backbone providers have a nation-wide network of POPs that
service most major cities.  If you have enough demand for a lot of them,
you can apply for their "reseller" programs.  These are the companies I've
talked with about getting dialup from in different states:
Sprint
AT&T
Genuity (BBN Planet)
UUNet (MCI Worldcom)
Cable and Wireless
Frontier/GlobalCenter

Even for just a few accounts, the prices are fairly competitive for each,
and if you have T-x service, they may be able to give a break in the
price.....but if your going through VISI and want to connect more quickly
to that backbone, I'd look at Sprint or UUNet.  Genuity seemed higher in
price than the other 2.

Just my thoughts!

MK

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, eric wrote:

> PSI has nation wide and international pops, they support modem and isdn
> on their dialups.  They have a good nation wide backbone and many
> different kinds of connection plans.
>
> Eric

ReadyNET Go!, Inc.  -  Building your Business on the net

Mark J. Kroska
MIS Director

320.656.0765 Voice
888.447.3239 Toll Free