Yes it is.  The local club (Twinslan) was kicking around higher speed packet
radio, but not enough interest existed.  A backbone for forwarding messages
runs at 19.2Kb/s I think, so it should be possible to extend that.  The
higher baud rates puts a higher demand on your radio equipment (delays due
to transmit circuits becomes a major factor at higher rates).

Kelly (KB0GBJ) Black

http://profiles.msn.com.