Yeah, I said earlier that I was seeing scans twice a week or more.  The
kiddies are pretty ballsy...last week I had a MediaOne luser that scanned
209.98.16/19 - every host on my network and all of my customers.  He would
connect to port 21, check what kind of ftpd it was running, then
disconnect.  When I reported him to MediaLose, I included all 1000 lines
of logs from the IP's my servers and network were occupying.  My LARTs
were answered with a nice "we nuked him" reply.

Some kid in Korea on an OLD linux box scanned me a couple weeks ago.  The
admins in .kr don't really care.  I almost sent him a "WE ARE WATCHING
YOU" message to his syslogd (which was open), but I didn't.  I'm going
soft, any self-respecting BOFH would've made his monitor smoke or
something.  Losin' my nerve I guess.

Adam Maloney
Systems Administrator
Sihope Communications