andy at theasis.com wrote:

> I upgraded from RedHat 6.2 to 7.0 on my laptop, and when prompted to try
> the "default" desktop and window manager settings, I accepted.
> That meant going from enlightement to sawfish, which I'm happy to try.
>
> After playing around with the configuration settings, I can't get the
> mouse focus / window behavior to work the way I want:
>
> I use a sloppy focus, so that moving the mouse into a window focuses on
> that window, and the focus remains there until the mouse enters another
> window. I got that part to work fine in sawfish.
>
> The part I can't get is to bring the window to the front if I click once
> on the titlebar. I've played around with many of the mouse focus settings,
> and can't determine which one, if any, will do that. That means I'm forced
> to either move the window, or click on the icon on the menubar to bring a
> window forward.
>
> Is it possible to do this in sawfish? If so, how?

Control-Center --> Sawfish window manager --> Shortcuts --> Title
Then edit "Button3-Off" "Raise lower window and transients" and change
it to
"Button1-Off".

Personally I like to click on a window to raise it, so I added the
following to Shortcuts --> Window.
"Button1-Click1" "Raise window and pass through click"

This will also allow you to click on the titlebar to raise the window.