> And some of us just (brace yourself...) don't like beer.
>
> I love wine, scotch, port, mead...  Can't stand beer though.  (So will that
> homebrew list be beer-specific or will people be discussing mead brewing as
> well?  (I've tried it, but haven't produced anything worthwhile yet...))

beer is definitely an acquired taste. I never liked the stuff much myself,
until I lived in Sweden, where:
a. they have good beer
b. they drink a *lot* of it

since then, I've learned to appreciate the varieties of beer; but I still
have my limits. (FWIW, there's an English beer called 'Speckled Hen' that is
truly vile stuff.. terribly bitter).

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer