Happy Birthday Adam!

Welcome the the 'adult' (aged) world...the same happened to me on my 21st,
it was months until I was carded...how disappointing!  The funny thing is
at restaurants when my wife and I go out, she looks young and she's 32 and
still gets carded, what a compliment.  Take these things in stride and
enjoy the youth when you have it.

Warmest Regards,
Mark

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Adam Maloney wrote:

> I apologize for the off-topic post but I have to rant about this
> somewhere...
>
> Yesterday was my 21st B-day.  After work I stopped by Liquor Warezhouse to
> pick up some fire water.  I wanted Red Stripe but they didn't have any, so
> I grabbed a case of Hacker Pschorr just because of the name.  Bring it up
> to the counter, the guy glances at me, rings me up, takes my
> money...doesn't even bother to card me.  God!  I've been waiting 21 years
> to buy my "first" beer and I'm finally old enough but it doesn't even
> matter.  I still get carded buying cigarettes for god sake.  My working
> theory is that I wasn't nervous, played it cool, and hadn't shaved that
> morning.  That and I wasn't buying Old Swillwaukie or miller high-life,
> which is what all the high-school kids drink because it's all they can
> get.
>
> Incidentally, the Hacker beer was actually quite good.  The day wasn't a
> total loss.  Although my dad lost some respect for me because I prefer
> imports like Dos Equis over Summit and Sam Adams.
>
> Adam Maloney
> Systems Administrator
> Sihope Communications

ReadyNET Go!, Inc.  -  Building your Business on the net

Mark J. Kroska
MIS Director

320.656.0765 Voice
888.447.3239 Toll Free