Clay Fandre wrote:

> Quoting Perry Hoekstra <dutchman at uswest.net>:
>

> > I would NOT recommend Compaq.  I have Debian running on an (sort-of, see
> > earlier today post) Armada E500 and it has not been pretty.  Now I
> > believe I cannot use the internal Ethernet port on this new E500.  I
> > have no mention of support for the Mini-PCI.
> >

> I disagree. I have an Compaq E500 also and RH7 installed on it flawlessly. It
> even detected the display/video and sound. But I don't have the build-in
> ethernet like Nate does. I'm using a xircom pcmcia.

The Xircom PCMCIA is what I had.  I was upgraded to a different level of
E500 that has a Mini-PCI NIC.  When I installed Debian on my earlier
E500, it did not detect sound and I just have not had time to mess with
it.  Does Nate have an E500 with embedded NIC?  What is his solution to
the Mini-PCI problem?

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect