> I'm in the market for a fairly high-end Linux laptop.  So the
> first question is: any recommendations?

personally, I like IBMs. I like how the keyboard feels, and I prefer the
joybutton to a trackpad. at my last job, we had field reps who abused their
computers pretty badly, and IBMs seemed to hold up as well as any and better
than most (better than Compaqs, Dells, and Zeniths). We were getting used
computers tho; so our sample may have been biased. (We had a lot of Dells
that were DOA; compaq screens and floppy drives tended to go bad, and
Zenith screens went bad).
on IBMs, when the screens went bad, at least it wasn't usually a
catastrophic failure.. usually the bottom half of the screen would have a
series of vertical black lines. something to do with water dripping down the
face of the screen and getting into the screen casing.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises