the latency is high, atleast with current directPC stuff, wireless
connectsions themselvs arn't bad.. i run 802.11 stuff at work, and i get
about 2.5-3ms latency across the links. (DSSS 11mb breezecom)
but i'll agree, right now.. DirectPC is not that great.. tho i have heard
that there is a service that provides usenet feeds over satelite, which is
just download constant.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben at nerp.net)