Adam Maloney wrote:

> How much did you pay for the board and processor?

The whole thing with tax was $600.00.  I believe that
broke down as:

Mobo		$165
Processor	$200
Case		$ 65
Memory		$120

Actually that doesn't quite work out, but it's +/- 5%
I also got an awesome looking cooling heat sink / fan included
in the $600.00.  (I think I'm going to get one for my head next
summmer so I can be cool/k00l).

Kent

> Adam Maloney
> Systems Administrator
> Sihope Communications
>
> On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Kent Schumacher wrote:
>
> > Thanks everyone for yesterdays motherboard advice fest.
> >
> > I ended up at General Nanosystem at 3:58 yesterday, left
> > at 4:17 with a (tested) MicroStar K7T pro, an 800Mhz
> > Athlon TBird, 128Mb PC133, and a nice case.
> >
> > Went home, transferred my drives and other junk, and
> > 45 minutes later I was writing code, answering
> > e-mail, and playing Heavy Gear II at speeds I found
> > astounding.
> >
> > I looked long and hard at the ASUS A7, and the net
> > just reported way too many problems with this board.
> > Now that I have it, I'm glad I went with the MicroStar.
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Kent

Kent Schumacher

Structural Wood Corporation