I can't tell you definitively, but I have a couple of Satellite 100CS, and
I think they also want PCI support, i.e., I support your conclusion that
you have a PCI buss.  Again, I haven't popped the lid far enough to
identify controllers and whatnot.

Phil M

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, Bill Layer wrote:

> At this point in time, I think it is safe to say that PCMCIA support does
> not work in any fashion on my Toshiba without PCI support compiled into my
> kernel, and that PCMCIA is not inherently linked to PCI in the Linux
> kernel, as the kernel will (apparently) support ISA PCMCIA controllers,
> with no PCI support available. I would like some verification of this.
>
> So my current conclusions are three:
>
> 1) My Toshiba notebook has a PCI bus, upon which resides my PCMCIA controller.
> 2) The Linux kernel is incapable of detecting my Toshiba's PCI bus
> 3) The Linux kernel's ability to detect the PCI bus in my case is not
> interfering with the kernel's ability to support a PCMCIA controller on
> that bus.
>
> I can't say that I really like any of these conclusions, especially #2 &
> #3. Anyone have a better answer or answers?

"To misattribute a quote is unforgivable." --Anonymous