On Mon, Oct 02, 2000 at 09:19:53AM -0500, Ben Kochie wrote:
> yes.. i heard something about creative buying aureal up.. I'm still
> waiting for the driver source to get released.  and then maybe I can put
> my V2 superqaud back in my linux box.

Well, after Ben bought his Aureal for his Windoze DVD player (which
has since been replaced with a real DVD player, IIRC), I just had to
have this cool new card (relatively new at the time).  I knew it had
Linux drivers so OSS would work.  Imagine my heart break when I heard
that Aureal was filing Chapter 11?!  *sigh*

At the time, I needed drivers for the 2.4 series of kernels, so I dug
around and found a useful site.  It seems that some avid Aureal users
have taken up the flag of supporting the drivers on their own!  I hope
to see these brave souls receive support from Creative in the future:

 SourceForge: Linux Aureal Driver
Project Site: https://sourceforge.net/projects/aureal/
   Home Page: http://aureal.sourceforge.net
   Downloads: https://sourceforge.net/project/filelist.php?group_id=8109