What are the perms on your tty* devices?

Screen is always installed SUID, IIRC.

Gabe

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 12:18:02PM -0500, Adam Maloney wrote:
> I upgraded my kernel to 2.2.17 after reading that NFS is very broken for
> cross-platform mounting in <=2.2.14.  When I recompiled the kernel I
> turned on unix98 PTY's and support for /dev/pts.  Now when I run screen it
> gives me an error telling me that I need to be connected to a terminal.  A
> who shows me logged in on tty2.  If I su to root and run screen it works
> fine, no complaints.  Screen is SUID on this box though.
>
> What's it's problem?
>
> Adam Maloney
> Systems Administrator
> Sihope Communications

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    Univerisity of Minnesota
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Mr. Science Officer, please commence relaxation period!"
				       - Commander Hoek (Ren) in "Space Madness"