mjn wrote:

> I even logged in this morning prior to that boot time and the machine did
> boot but there were no screen message to indicate that it was a propper
> restart.  My ssh connection just stopped responding...might this be a
> hardware problem?

I know that some BIOS let you set a time to power up the system.  I'm not really
sure what that would do if the system was already running.  I assume it would do
nothing but I've never played with any such thing so I can't say.

You might see if the machines bios supports automatic power on/off.

Charlie