On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Clay Fandre wrote:

> Try running each script individually. And then make sure you have
> everything it calls. I can't quite remember what I was missing, but I
> got the same error. I tracked it down by running Xstartup by itself and
> it told me what was actually causing it to error.

OK, I got it working. In the interest of education, here's what I had to do:

First, I followed Clay's advice and tried executing Xstartup directly. The
script reported that it couldn't exec sessreg. There is no sessreg Debian
package so I had to figure out what package contained that program.

I found it by doing 'apt-cache search sessreg' which listed the xutils
and xdm packages. I did an 'apt-get install xutils' and that did the trick.

Thanks for the help.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/