> where can I find info how to dual boot Mandrake and NT 4.0 ? I am afraid to
> screw up my NT install so I try to educate myself before hand.

Are you planning on using the NT boot loader or LILO? Are you installing
linux on one hard disk and windows on another? Same disk and different
partitions? The lilo documentation should have all the information you
really need, but here are my suggestions. (All using Lilo)

2 hard drive setup:
Install Linux on the primiary master hard drive, windows on the primiary
slave. When booting windows have lilo remap the master to the slave and
slave to master. When installing either OS, remove the other drive from the
IDE cable to ensure you don't repartition the wrong drive. It's also handy
if you have a cd-rom or floppy LILO boot options when running NTFS. With FAT
copy the install files (i386 + driverlib for nt, winXX) to the harddrive and
install from there. This is probally a bit advanced but you should only need
to resort to a rescue disk in the most extreme cases.

If you want the dead simple soultion put NT on the primiary master and Linux
on the secondary. Have Linux and NT rescue disks hands at all times. :)

1 hard drive:
Install Windows on the first primiary partition and linux on a different
partiton (primiary or logical it doesn't matter...Linux will boot from
anywhere.) Again, have Linux and NT rescue disks handy at all times.

If you are on one disk, be careful what you do when you create your linux
partitions. You could wack your NT partition very easily.

Search the list archives for my lilo configurations, I know I've posted them
before. :)

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132