> >I've got a machine running RedHat 6.2, and I'm trying
> >to install the updates suggested by RedHat.
>
> You know, if you where running debian it would be as simple as
> apt-get update
> apt-get dist-upgrade
> go get cup of coffee

Yeah, but the new user would have to know to do that.
Just like in the redhat case he'd have to know to use
 	rpm -Fvh *.rpm

As for this automatic get thing you guys get so excited about, I've never
bothered to look because I'd rather grab the rpms when it's convenient for
me, and put them in a place where the other 8 computers can get at them.
I don't see what's so hard about
	ncftp ftp://ftp.mn-linux.org/pub/linux/redhat/updates/
	get *

> Sorry, had to be done.

There are doctors who specialize in that sort of thing.

> For pete's sake people, run Debian. Cause it's the smart thing to do.

No, trimming your replies is the smart thing to do.

Andy