> Does this mean that krb5 is trying to remove libk5crypto.so.2 and
> that file is needed?

Yes, it's trying to remove the old version before installing the new.  The
"proper" way to install updates is to use the "freshen" flag, -F, instead
of -U.  What I usually do is I get all the updates I need, put them in one
directory, go into the directoy and do

rpm -Fvh *.rpm

It will figure out what the dependencies are and install them in the
correct order and everything.

HTH,

Gabe

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"I know everything there is to know about monkeys since I have seen
 every Tarzan movie ever made!"
				- Ren Hoek in "Monkey See, Monkey Don't"