So this brings me to my next point.  There are two types of gurus.

1.  Those with ungodly long uptimes.  However, these gurus tend to say things like
"Are you crazy?  Reboot?  For the love of God, why?" and "Check it out!  This
uptime is older than my son!"  They have their uptime somewhere in /etc/issue.

2.  Have a daily cron job downloading the latest kernel, make && make dep && make
clean && make bzImage && etc. etc.  And their highest uptime is 23 hours 56
minutes.  This runs regardless of the frequency of actual kernel updates.

Timothy