Clay Fandre wrote:

> Fjorn wrote:
> >
> > Ben Lutgens wrote:
> >
> > > I'd rather be able to surf from home or the office than sitting in my cold ass
> > > Jeep in the winter. Sides 128kbps isn't that fast.
> > >

> > Sure as hell beats the 56k dial up modem I'm stuck with at home.  No
> > cable modem, no DSL available yet.  At last calls I made one said "We're
> > working on it, no time frame yet."  The other pretty much said "Sure,
> > you can get cable modem.  Just as soon as hell freezes over."
>
> Where the heck do you live? You try http://dlsreports.com yet?

Same situation in Richfield. DSL is available if the wiring is routed
directly to the central office. If not (as in my case), and wiring is
routed through China, Qworst "response" is "someday, somehow".

--
Bob Brashear                        voice: 612-374-4643
The One-Off CD Shop Minneapolis     email: rjb at artimex.com

"The meek SHALL inherit the Earth. The rest of us are going to the
stars!"