>Just start your home box shoutcasting at 112kbps. Tune in in your car.
>Ta da, the future of radio. No need for expensive local storage in your
>car.

Shoutcast or Icecast don't do Vorbis yet.  MP3 sounds like crap compared to
Vorbis, and you REALLY hear it on a nice car system.  I burned the new limp
bizkit album to CD from 160kbps mp3's, and it sounded terrible at high
volume.  I just bought the same CD and it doesn't have any of the distortion
or crap in it at the same volume.  I haven't tried encoding to Vorbis and
back to CD yet, but with studio headphones, you can really hear the
difference in Vorbis compared to MP3.

Hrm, with Ricochet, I could run a webserver from my car that was hooked to a
GPS and people could see on the webpage where my car is at all times.  Maybe
that's not such a good idea after all...

Jay