> That howto is doing things The Wrong Way though. You should not need to
> edit startx. *cough* Not editing scripts directly if you don't need to
> is a good habit to get into if you use any kind of package managment
> system...
>
> Read startx's man page. It starts the x server via xinit. Read xinit's
> man page. It looks for a file called .xserverrc, just put the command
> line to start the X server in there.
>
> X +xinerama

	yep. all that has indeed occurred to me. However, as I believe I
mentioned in my first post; it seems that the X server binary needs to be
SUID root in order for the .xserverrc file to work. (which it's not, in X4).
	of course, it's quite possible I'm wrong.

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises