Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> > "Using the Xinerama Extesions to Multihead XFree86 V.4.0+"
> > http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Xinerama-HOWTO.html
> >
> > First result from google for xinerama, you prolly saw it already but hey, it's
> > worth a shot.
>
> oh. duh. <slaps self on forehead>.

That howto is doing things The Wrong Way though. You should not need to
edit startx. *cough* Not editing scripts directly if you don't need to
is a good habit to get into if you use any kind of package managment
system...

Read startx's man page. It starts the x server via xinit. Read xinit's
man page. It looks for a file called .xserverrc, just put the command
line to start the X server in there.

X +xinerama

Ta da. I once had a set up to start up a new X server on :1 with startx
from within :0 (started by xdm, 32bit multihead) that was set up for
gaming. 16bit monohead w/ hardware OpenGL etc... But that got nuked in
the WinME fiasco. Hmmm.