From:           	Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>
To:             	Jurupari <jurupari at geocities.com>
Copies to:      	tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject:        	Re: [TCLUG] RedHat 7 and MySQL not working...
Send reply to:  	tclug-list at lists.real-time.com
	<mailto:tclug-list-request at lists.real-time.com?subject=subscribe>
Date sent:      	Sat, 25 Nov 2000 22:28:33 -0600

> Do you have pam_ldap and nss_ldap installed as well?

I have neither installed.

I exact error I am getting is as follows:
Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server
through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /var/www/html/dbs/db-
email.php on line 12.

Line 12 of that php file works fine on a RH 6.2 system, and it reads
as follows:
$db = mysql_connect("localhost", "apache");

If I were to run the MySQL client from the command line like this
'mysql -u apache' I can connect to the server, change to the
appropriate database and perform a query on it. I believe that I have
the correct rights set up within the mysql database. I am not sure
what the problem is.

---Here's a thought that just hit me.... The error above mentions not
being able to connect to the socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'  Hmmmm, the
server is running and that sock file is not in /tmp. It resides in
/var/lib/mysql with the databases. Is this the problem????  How could
I fix it? Where do I tell PHP where the sock file is?

Thank-you,
Mike