UPS brought me a new Linksys 10/100 switch today, so I switched everything
over from my old 10 Mbps hub to the new switch.  Naturally, it wasn't that
easy...

One machine (my main workstation, of course) didn't show a network
connection.  I tried another port on the switch.  I tried another cable.  I
even tried reading the switch's manual.  No clues.

Then I checked dmesg on the helpless machine and found:

eth0: 3Com 3c905 Boomerang 100baseT4 at...

The switch is 10BaseT/100BaseTX.  I assume that 100BaseT4 is an incompatible
fast ether standard that lost out to TX.

Right now, I've got it working by running the Boomerang into the 10M hub and
uplinking that to the switch, but I don't like it.  Is there any way that I
can get this card to work (even if only at 10Mbps) when connected directly to
the switch, or is this arrangement the best I'm going to be able to do?

Geek Code 3.1:  GCS d? s+: a- C++ UL++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+ o+
!K w---$ O M- V? PS+ PE Y+ PGP t 5++ X+ R++ tv b+ DI++++ D G e* h+ r++ y+