Yaron wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> Well, apparently the build-in soundcard the Tyan 2380 comes with is a
> piece of junk (via82cxxx or whatever), and won't play sampling rates like
> 44100, so I can't get sound out of MPEG files (and I just found a bunch of
> Tex Avery MPEGS!!!).
>
> So I think I'll give ALSA a try. Anyone here using it? with kernel
> 2.4.0-test* ?

Yea, I'm using it with my Abit, which has a via82crapxxx. It actually
works pretty well. The only problem I am having is playing MP3s via esd.
(both with alsa and with the default kernel OSS support.) It's a debian
problem because it works fine under RH with the same kernel/modules. I'm
not sure if it's an esd problem or what. Haven't had a lot of time to
play with it so that's all I can tell you.

Haven't tried playing MPEG files. I can try that tonight and let you
know.

Clay