On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Chewie wrote:

> Linux IPChains (2.2) or IPTables (2.4) is infinitely more flexible on
> how you handle packet filtering, routing, and forwarding.  If you feel
> you would like to use this power, you can do one of two things:
>
>     1)  Manage the port forwarding at the Linux firewall
>
>                       ( Internet ) 0.0.0.0/0
>                         [ DSL ]--------[ Firewall ]
>                                        [ HUB ]
>                             +-------------+-------------+
>                       [ WEB Server]               (Private Net)

I think I'll take this approach. It seems like a reasonable compromise
between security and convenience. I'm considering giving Coyote Linux a try
for my firewall. (http://www.coyotelinux.com/) I like the idea of using a
little 486 and no HD.

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      | Visit Sibley online:         | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/