As far as price goes, the netgear FS108 is by far the best deal.  If you
search at pricescan.com, you can find them for less than $180 or so.  Plus,
they have an internal power supply, so you don't need to have that great big
transformer blocking 3 outlets on your power strip.  We have a few at work
and one at home.  Before we had our new office cabled, we had about 20
netgear FS108's (1 for each person because most people have several
machines), and about 20 Intel 8 port switches.  All of the Netgears still
work, most people took them home since we don't need them anymore, but half
of the Intel's died and got returned to buy.com.

If you wanna spend some cash, get yourself a cisco 2900 series.  Avoid intel
switches at all costs.  I have a 510T at home, and it screws up it's ARP
table all the time.  I also have a little Intel 8 port switch that has a fan
in it with bad bearings so it constantly wakes me up in the middle of the
night.  Plus, certain Sun onboard ethernet controllers will not work with
some Intel switches.  There's a firmware upgrade for the Sun machines that
this affects, however, Sun's documentation actually recommends upgrading to
a better switch.

Jay