Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm working on getting Samba configured on my Debian server. The software is
> installed, but there's no /var/spool/samba directory created
> automatically. Is there a special command for creating a spooling
> directory? If not, what ownership and perms do I need?

What do you need such a directory for? The Debian samba package pretty much
work out of the box, and share home directories and printers by default.
Print jobs get spooled to tmp.

If you want to define parameters for a printer you add a share (but keep the
printers share)

[hp4050]
        path = /tmp
        writeable = Yes
        create mask = 0700
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        printer = hp4k-acct
        printer driver = HP LaserJet 4000 Series PS
        oplocks = No
        share modes = No

Something like that anyway. Change the path to where you want the job to
spool. Permission wise, samba runs as root, so the spool directory has to be
readable by root. You probally want to give them permissions similar to
/var/spool/lpd...

ow, my foot is asleep...

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (WEB) http://www.ltiflex.com
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX) 132