Here's one for all you qmail magicians...

How do you clean out the queue and start over?

Situation:

I had qmail 1.03 installed on a redhat 6.2 box and messages kept
queueing, to the point it filled up /var filesystem.

qmail-qstat showed over 1700 messages queued

I've read most of the qmail docs and been to the qmail FAQ and website
and didn't find an answer.

Here's what I tried:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail stop
# remove the messages
find /var/qmail/queue/info -type f -exec rm -f {} \;
find /var/qmail/queue/mess -type f -exec rm -f {} \;
find /var/qmail/queue/local -type f -exec rm -f {} \;
/etc/rc.d/init.d/qmail-start

This manually cleaned out the queue and qmail-qstat then showed 0
messages queued.  But after a period of time (about a day), it filled
up /var again and there were a large number of messages queued.  I even
tried a clean re-install of qmail and it did the same thing.

qmail did work initially on this box, as I went through the tests
listed in one of the qmail docs and they all worked ok.  I'm running
sendmail now because it works and I didn't have time to mess with qmail
filling up /var daily.  I do have qmail running flawlessly on other
systems, but would like to know the answer to this question in the
event it happens again.

-scot