Speaking of OpenSSH, does anyone know how to make it do DES for a cipher?
Right now, it will use only 3DES and Blowfish.  I was going to recompile it
and try to enable DES as a cipher, but I don't see where I can do that.

I know I should use 3des, but I have a piece of network equipment that will
only let me ssh in using DES.  I don't want to have to use my windows box
anymore to ssh in with SecureCRT.  Also, I noticed the commercial version of
ssh for unix will not use DES either.

I should be able to do:
ssh -c des host.whatever.com

Jay