You may as well compile 2.3.0p1.  I just compiled it one a default RH6.2
install (well, I had to install OpenSSL first, of course) and it compiled
just fine.  Beside, OpenSSH just announced a bug in versions < 2.3.0 that
allows people to arbitrarily open X authentication through you, or some
such evil thing.  The notice came out a couple days ago.  Sadly, I've
deleted it, but I'm sure it's on their page somewhere.

Gabe

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 02:36:03PM -0600, HOEFFNER at dcmir.med.umn.edu wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the reply. I'm installing 2.2.0p1. I've managed to install it on 2
> versions of Irix, but not without a few difficulties. Now this. I'm figuring I
> must've run configure wrong since it really shouldn't be as difficult as it has
> been, but I can't see how. I was hoping some of you guys would've seen this
> before. Oh well...
>
> Thanks again
>
> Ed Hoeffner

Gabe Turner				       |  	   X-President,
UNIX Systems Administrator,		       | Assoc. for Computing Machinery
U of M Supercomputing Institute for	       |    University of Minnesohta
Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation    |       dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu

"Of all the systems of religion that ever were invented, there is no more
 derogatory to the Almighty, more unedifiying to man, more repugnant to reason,
 and more contradictory to itself than this thing called Christianity."
							     - Thomas Paine