Hi Shawn,

> > In my simple maneuvering of trying to get my zip to be recognized, I
> > whacked my /etc/fstab file....

Plenty of ways to fix this... for one, if you haven't rebooted, just type
'mount' which will show you which partitions are currently mounted, and where.
You can then rewrite the fstab based on that info, and the sample fstab below
(given for form & syntax). Just plug in your partition names.

/dev/hda2       swap        swap        defaults   0   0
/dev/hda3       /        ext2        defaults   1   1
/dev/hda4       /usr     ext2        defaults   1   1
/dev/hda1      /mnt/fat32-c       vfat defaults  1    0
/dev/hdc        /mnt/cdrom      iso9660     noauto,ro,user  0   0
/dev/hdd        /mnt/cdrw       iso9660     noauto,ro,user  0   0
/dev/fd0     /mnt/floppy     ext2        noauto,user  0   0
none             /dev/pts devpts     gid=5,mode=620  0   0
none		/proc    proc        defaults   0   0

If you want to see a list of available partitions, you can 'cat
/proc/partitions' to see what's there.

Not sure about other distros, but  with slackware, you can just pull the
default fstab out of the A package, and edit that. You do NOT need to reinstall.

--
Bill Layer
Sales Technician

     Viking Electronics, Inc.
       1531 Industrial St.
    Hudson, WI. 54016 - U.S.A
      715.386.8861 ext. 210
 <http://www.vikingelectronics.com>

"Telecom Solutions for the 21st Century"