In my simple maneuvering of trying to get my zip to be recognized, I
whacked my /etc/fstab file....

It's a parallel Zip100 drive BTW.  Also, doing this on SuSe 6.4

Following directions, here's what I did:

# modprobe ppa     (get a device busy or unavailable)

# modprobe imm     (didn't get any message, and heard the drive engage
slightly.  So I took it as that was the right one)

# mkdir -p /mnt/zip

# ln /dev/sda4 /dev/zip

Now, here's where I messed up...

Using vi, I went in and looked at the /etc/fstab file.  Exiting out of
there, and thinking I was doing good by following directions typed in
the following command:

# echo '/dev/zip /mnt/zip vfat noauto,user 0 0' \>>/etc/fstab

When I did a more on it to see if the changes took place, I noticed that
it whacked the original lines in there for the other devices.

Like a dummy, I didn't write anything down as to the file contents.  Any
suggestions on what I can do?  Or am I doomed to having to reload
because I whacked a critical file?

Shawn