On Wed, 15 Nov 2000 dopp at acm.cs.umn.edu wrote:

> Well, this isn't a BSD list, but I'll reply anyway in the hopes this may
> help others as well. :)

[snip]

	Thanks, much appreciated.  If I can't make some progress on it
	I'm planning on posting to the OpenBSD mailing list, once I finish
	re-reading everything I can get my hands on that might be
	relevant.

> No, nothing to do with your routing tables, AFAIK.  If you want any traffic
> to get routed to your "live" NIC, you need to setup NAT to send the traffic
> over to that NIC.  Just like you setup NAT for route from your 10.0.0.0
> network to your live NIC, you'll need to setup NAT to route your DMZ
> traffic to your live NIC.  I haven't done this personally, but it seems
> this would be the only way to do it.

[snip]

	Ahh, I hadn't considered that I might need to do NAT for the DMZ.

> rtfm route

[snip

	Believe me, I have been, and will continue to do so.

> Yes, it's an amazing book.  I believe they have an example with a network
> that is much like yours.  Did you look at that?

	You betcha.  I've read that book front to back several times
	now.  It's a great reference.  They also mention some example IPF
	scripts on their companion website that should be just about
	exactly what I'm looking for, but the website seems to no longer
	be current (I could find examples dealing with two NIC cards, but
	not with three, but I'll continue searching, it was getting very
	late when I was out there looking the other night).

> Gabe

	Jeff