Anyone have any luck with suspending a linux box to disk?

If I suspend to disk and restore the system works but a few things are
flaky.  X takes a little longer to start, there will be a screen blanker
enabled in X (it is the xset blanker) with a time-out of 0 or some such
so that the screen blinks on and off as I move the mouse.

I also noticed that in same-gnome the marbles? don't rotate smoothly.

A reboot fixes it but it will sit on "sending processes the term signal"
for a while before the system goes down.

This is a RH7 box.  But I've had this problem on RH6.2 with various
kernel versions and kernel options.

Any ideas?

Charlie