Callum Lerwick wrote:

> So, had anyone actually managed to get OpenBSD to install? I've tried on
> four different machines, and all it does is hang 'stalled' at 2% when
> installing base27.tgz. I've tried FTP installs and CDROM installs and
> local disk partition installs and several different mirrors and both 2.7
> and 2.6. Same result. !@#$ POS.

I some trouble installing 2.6/2.7 on a 486/66, but IIRC the problems
were all related to me trying to get the 2.6 installer to 'see' the 2.7
packages, which I was attempting to get around having to rip a CD-ROM
out of a workstation to bootstrap this little box.  Finally, I went the
CD install route with no trouble.  I don't really remember much
about the process, tho, so I guess that's not too helpful.  But it *can*
work! :)
--
 Chris H. Bidler                                   cbidler at talkware.net
 Associate Engineer, Applications Group
 Universal Talkware Corp.

 "In any event, is a O^(log N) search that returns the wrong answer
  really better than an O^N search that returns the right answer?"