Hello all.

OK, I have Linux Mandrake 7.1 running on a Compaq Proliant 1600R server –
PIII-550 & 256 MB RAM.  This machine is intended to provide DHCP, DNS, Web
server, and RAS services.  I have a Digi Acceleport RAS 4 card and its drivers
properly installed.

I realize that I have to properly configure pppd and mgetty for employees to
dial into the machine.  The intent is that employees will dial into the Linux
machine and reach the entire network.   Hopefully this can be accomplished by
having the Linux box using AutoPPP option and forwarding the
connection/packets to the Novell server so users can log in there.  In effect,
the Linux box will act as a pass through.   The catch is that it is a Novell
Netware network.  The network is running via IP, not IPX.  Also, Ipv4
forwarding is enabled on the Linux machine.

I do not want to add user accounts to the Linux box.  Users’ computers are
using Win95 and Win98 dial-up networking to call in.  So,…

(1)	Is installing and configuring ncpfs or something similar on the Linux
machine the only way to make this setup work?  Office employees are not
extremely computer literate.  In effect,  it is best for them to hit the
“Connect” button on their dial-up networking and then eventually get the same
Novell login screen as they see in the office.

(2)	Is it possible to make this work without giving every office employee an
account on the Linux machine and then manually updating the password file all
the time?  Is there a way to automatically sync a Linux and Novell Network
password file?

I do not currently have any Windows NT servers.   So, sacrificing a computer
to NT is not a desirable option.

Any assistance that you can provide is appreciated.