"Austad, Jay" wrote:

> You can play some Direct X games under Wine.  Starcraft works, and I'm
> pretty sure someone got Diablo 2 working also.

The older games for the most part I've noticed work.  Diablo 2 haven't
played yet.  In a way, I'm sorta doing a protest against them.  It took
them what, 4 years to come out with D2?  It was in production for 75% fo
that time.  It was constantly being pushed back, and therefore
continually making me more ticked off at them.  Now, I see D2, and it's
not that much different from the original.

The newer games, particularly Everquest, are ones that interest me on
getting ported.  If the people keep looking at the old ones, then there
won't be much push to get the new ones ported over or even somewhat
released for the Linux OS.  That's a large part of the problem that Mac
faced, and continues to face.  If they were lucky enough to get the game
to be developed for Mac OS (because of either demand for it or the
developers wanted to get money from an extra market), it was 6 months
down the line, and sometimes the product wasn't as good.  In rare cases,
it was better.