Hi,

> Out of curiosity, did this past week's meeting cover VM-Ware, or will I
> be lucky enough to get a chance to make it to another meeting in which
> it will be covered?

I don't know anything about wine but concerning VMWare the product is
going to be sold to many of us at a higher price than what was previously
offered...maybe students will still get the discount.

I've used VMWare on a development and testing machine where I needed to
preserve a pristine environment...if install of application being tested
fails, don't write the session to disk. It's really pretty great for this
type of use. It allowed me to run several linux variants and bsd.

My experinece is that VMWare definitely performs well on a PII 450 with
128 ram while compiling mysql in the virtual machine but on a similar
machine with a celeron 450 it was miserably slow. This could well have
been my own misguided configuration. Ultimately, concerning performance, I
think VMWare performs like a charm with the right hardware.

Never used wine.

Ron