Hi all,

I've recently been using rpmfind to install updates packages on a RH6.2
machine, and I'm having a little trouble. I would imagine a lot of you
have gotten around this seemingly simple issue. It's all about shared
library requirements.

For example, I tried "rpmfind --upgrade rpmfind", and one of the packages
it gets is bzip2-1.0.1-3.i386.rpm. When I attempt to install it with
"rpm -Uvh bz...", I am told that libbz2.so.0 is needed. When I try to use
rpmfind.net to get that, I'm told it is in bzip2-0.9.5d-2. I downloaded
that, but it is already installed. Further, rpmfind.net states that both
versions both provide and require a version of the libbz2 library.

Here are the libraries I need to install these upgrade packages:
- libc.so.6(GLIBC-2.2)
- glibc >= 2.1.92
- db1 = 1.85
- libproc.so.2.0.6
- libbz2.so.0
- ncurses = 5.0
- libncurses.so.4

Hints, pointers and walkthroughs glady appreciated.

Many thanks,
Chris Schumann