Many of you may already know this but its common for traceroute to
not answer from certain routers even though the connection is fine.
This has to do with blocking the TTL expiring ICMP messages generated
from the UDP packets sent during a traceroute. In other words,
traceroute is a bad tool to use verify connectivity. Ping is better assuming
the host isnt firewalling it. When in doubt, use nmap! :)

unless, of course, you are scanning my network....then dont use nmap. :)