What is the chip version (it will be 1.0, 2.0, 4.0, or 4.1)?  I know for
sure that the first two versions work - and I am 90% certain the latter two
do (I saw the chip, Macronix in the tulip.c source code a couple months
back).  I know for sure the latter two versions work with FreeBSD as the dc
driver - which is a tulip based driver.  Chances are you have somehow loaded
an incorrect module and it is not working - but it is using the resources.
I think the de4x5 driver might load for some tulip based cards - but not
work very well if at all (The old 10baseT Asante cards would work with
either driver).

Perhaps you could look through you logs (or use dmesg) to see if any other
driver has been loaded.

I believe the version 1.0 and version 2.0 cards will show up as "Lite-On
82c168 PNIC" and "Lite-On PNIC-II" cards respectively.  The version 4.0 and
4.1 cards will show up as "ADMtek Comet" cards.  I am not 100% sure about
which version is which card - but it should be close.

My version 2 card shows up as :
"Linux Tulip driver version 0.9.10 (September 6, 2000)"
"eth0: Lite-On PNIC-II rev 37 at 0xdc00, xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, IRQ 11."
(changed the MAC :)
This is from the 2.4.0-test10 kernel - but it works fine with all kernels
back to 2.2.14.

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net