I guess I should have seen it coming - the old addage never fails: If it sounds
too good to be true, it invariably is. I saw an add for Appgen software on p 15
of the Nov 2000 issue of Linux Journal. The add offers a "free" applications CD,
in fact the add uses the word "free" three times. So naturally, I called for my
FREE CD, and I was told that "While the CD is free, we are asking $9.95 for
shipping and handling". That must be one d*mn heavy CD!

Sorry, but where I come from, a free CD means a CD without associated costs. I
told them as much before I hung up. Probably a bad move to bait-and-switch the
Linux community...

 --
Bill Layer
Sales Technician

     Viking Electronics, Inc.
       1531 Industrial St.
    Hudson, WI. 54016 - U.S.A
      715.386.8861 ext. 210
 <http://www.vikingelectronics.com>

"Telecom Solutions for the 21st Century"