> 1. My cursor shows up as a big block of static. I thought I used to fix
> problems like that by specifying hardware or software cursor, but I dont
> see that kind of option in the XF86Config-4 file.

What video card do you have? Did you check to be sure it was supported in
XFree 4.0.1 before you installed it? XFree4 dropped support for alot of
older video cards (at least for the initial release)

> 2. Where in Debian do you specify the default window manager, doesnt
> appear to be /etc/X11/window-managers anymore. And when did it change?

/etc/alternatives/x-window-manager

You should probally man 8 update-alternatives before changing anything.

This default is only followed if you have no .xsession (Wiht XDM) or select
the Debian option with GDM.

--
Andy Zbikowski, Sys Admin   | (PH)  763-428-9119 (EX:132)
LTI Flexible Products, Inc. | (FAX)  763-428-9126