On Nov 04, 2000, Timothy Wilson <wilson at visi.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately, my app still doesn't run. It's a very simple app (win16, no
> less) so I'm surprised that it doesn't work. I type:
>
> $ wine /windows/c/gmwin/gmwin.exe
>
> nothing happens for 5 seconds or so and then I get my prompt back with no
> error messages or anything. Anybody have any suggestions?

Yah, hmmm.  Not sure how well win16 support is working these days.  More
effort is being put into win32, potentially at the expense of win16.

You might try generating some debug logs (which can be pretty huge,
depending on which debug channels you turn on).  You can get a list of
command-line options with

  $ wine --help

...and a list of debug channels with this hack:

  $ wine --debugmsg +xxx

The "xxx" channel doesn't exist, so Wine prints out the list of valid
ones.  It'd be nice to be able to get that list directly.  Not sure, but
you may need to include your app on that command line, too.

You can probably start with the "module" channel, to make sure Wine
isn't bailing cuz it can't find something.  You might also try the
latest Wine CVS (you didn't mention which version you were running).  I
think wine patch submissions average at 3-5 patches per day, so
development is pretty furious.  (c:

  $ wine --debugmsg +module /windows/c/gmwin/gmwin.exe

Finally, if you haven't checked out http://wine.codeweavers.com/docs
lately, do so!  Also, we have bugzilla up and running there too, so feel
free to submit a bug report, if you can narrow it down more (your
current description wouldn't be much help, of course).  (c;

Good luck!
John

--
dusk at ravendusk.org                            http://www.gnome.org