I am trying to connect my linux box to the Internet.  I got it to connect
once, then rebooted.  Now it won't.  I don't remember what I did to get it
to go.

   I have AT&T broadband and am using pump for the dhcp and the tulip
driver for the network card is loaded.  According to the how-to pump needs
a host name, just anything will work so I have used the example "-h fubar".

So where do I add the "-h fubar" so that it is part of the boot process,
and how do I get my connection to work.  I notice when I do pump -h fubar
the PC-Link status and the PC Link Activity will blink a couple of times (I
have a 3Com external cable modem).  ifconfig doesn't report the eth0, just
the loopback.

Please help, I was very exciting when I had it connected at one time, it
was a great triumph, but now I am beaten down again.

John Miller