--- Jamie Ostrowski <jamie at floyd.getsetnet.net> wrote:

>     I have started learning the C language recently,
> and I wonder if
> anyone on the list might have good suggestions for
> programming books in C....

Jamie,
Might I suggest "Beginning Linux Programming" by
Richard Stones and Neil Matthew (2nd ED. WROX PRESS
PUB., ISBN 1-861002-97-1) $39.99
The other publication I might suggest is the "WHITE
PAPER SERIES : The Complete LINUX KERNEL in C". It is
available through your local chain book store... runs
about $40.00 or so... I am putting it on the shopping
list... my son wants to convert it into C++... OY!
Manny